Wednesday, September 5, 2007

So here I am in my new home….at first it was so exciting because it’s not a shack, you can see the stars, and the family seems sweet….but I guess the nervousness and homesickness is kicking in, I guess it’s the shock that’s settling in and I’m kind of scared. I know it’s normal but I’m a little overwhelmed. It’s very rural here, like one street that is dotted with homes, very small modest homes on a rough windy road that reminds me of very rural Washington pa. Scary. I’m also slightly nervous because they expect so much from me at this community center, like to be the saving grace and teach kids how to read and write and play sports, get in shape, take entrance vocational exams, computers (with one computer btw) so I don’t want to let anyone down. It seems like, from first impression, that the boys here are having a very difficult time getting jobs and such because they’re so behind in their education. I don’t know if I can be a teacher though….yikes! I thought I was coming down for environmental work this is not even close. …not even close, this community can barely get by, let alone care about recycling and bio fuel. Erg. Also it seems that I am supposed to create the community center. I thought that it was created. But I guess not. It’s going to be tough.

No comments: